The NHS is a vital resource if we fall ill - but who is working to stop people falling ill in the first place?
That's why we've set up Health Action Campaign.
As we all know prevention is better than cure. With more focus on prevention we could:
• Save millions of people from avoidable illness – and they and their families from avoidable suffering.
• Reduce the current pressure on hospitals and GP practices.
• Help keep the NHS financially sustainable.
We'd welcome your support to help achieve this.
- To make healthy choices the easy choices for people – by making healthier food and drink more widely available, by increasing opportunities for mental and physical exercise and by continued initiatives to make it easier to stop smoking and to keep alcohol consumption to reasonably safe levels.
- A greater focus on child health – because what happens to us in the early years of life from conception onwards can influence our health and our weight for years to come.
- Greater support for those at risk – to avoid health inequalities being carried forward from one generation to another.
- A true National HEALTH Service, which gives higher priority to preventing people from falling ill, not simply treating them once they fall ill.