Prevention is better than cure
That's our guiding principle, as we work to improve health in the UK. To support this aim, in our News section we aim to share news about what we and others are doing to try to help people live longer, healthier lives. Topics covered include:
- Ways of supporting both mental and physical health.
- Action taken or planned to reduce health risks - by central and local government, by the NHS, by businesses, by employers more generally, by health charities, by community groups and by individuals.
- Evidence based health information, from peer review journals and reputable media sources, to enable people to make informed choices to protect their health.
- Free Health Events
- Health questions for the Election
- Childhood Obesity - Latest News
- Childhood obesity breakthroughs
- Reducing the risk of mental illness
- Time to invest in Public Health
- Breakthrough on Childhood Obesity
- Is life expectancy falling?
- New anti-smoking initiative
- Healthy Food - Food industry implications
- Cheap alcohol targetted
- Live 12 years longer?
- Protecting against dementia?